Sunday, March 18, 2012

March of the Hot Vegan Army - Day #18 - Jason Mraz

http://www.billsilvaentertainment.com/client/1/jason-mraz/

Jason Mraz

Know him from: His popular albums and radio-loving hits such as The Remedy (I Won't Worry), I'm Yours, Lucky (duet with Colbie Caillat), amusing online-only hit Geek in the Pink, and my personal favorites You and I Both, I'll Do Anything, Too Much Food (it's clever, check it out), and Curbside Prophet. His hit single, I Won't Give Up can currently be heard online or coming from a radio near you...


Why he's vegan: Mr. A-Z is a raw vegan, at least for the last 6 months or so. He seems to have been another Forks Over Knives convert, but he's also a pretty-eco friendly guy. I mean, you cannot get much more hippie (and I mean that as a compliment) than living on your own solar-powered avocado farm. It kinda sounds awesome to me though. I have often said I would bathe in guacamole, and I probably actually could if I had that kind of ingredient supply... But Mr. Mraz has also credited his new diet with improving his performance in lots of important areas: songwriting, biking, working out, mental clarity, confidence...and he also says he's better in bed now. Well, it should come as no surprise that Mraz is advertising this fact, as he has kind of written about his libido for years. But, ladies look out because Mraz just had a smashed avocado sandwich and he's lookin' for love... :-)

Why he's awesome: I've appreciated Jason Mraz's clever songwriting and sense of humor since his Waiting for My Rocket to Come album back in 2002. Although, if you read the last paragraph, you'll know that Mraz doesn't have to wait quite as long for that anymore...

Additionally, I've always been impressed at how Mraz doesn't get tongue-tied with all of his complicated word combinations. Sometimes, I'm exhausted even walking around trying to sing along in the house...But, despite the smooth voice and impressive linguistic abilities, he's always had kind of a youthful jokiness about him that is incredibly refreshing, and I just find it fun listening to his music. He's worked with some big names too in his day, including the likes of Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, and Alanis Morrissette, some of my favorites.

It's also nice to know that Mr. Mraz is conscious of taking care of himself with his food choices and exercise, the environment with his green lifestyle choices, and also other people. Mraz is affiliated with a number of charities, such as Musicares, Free the Children, VH1's Save the Music Foundation, the Nature Conservancy, the Surfrider Foundation, and Life Rolls On.

Now, I know that this may be fox-in-the-hen-house kind of material here, but Mr. Mraz, you are now in charge of lullabies and bed checks for the Hot Vegan Army. With great power comes great responsibility...aaaand you're welcome.

No comments: